Please see below project update for the Marblehead Elementary School:
- Continue with site prep, fills and grading on the South end of the project site to support the construction of the new parking lot area.
- Continue with excavation and prep for concrete foundations on the North end of the building footprint (Areas B&C). Note this activity may require the use of a hammer drill at irregular intervals to break-up larger rocks/boulders and/or potential high spots of ledge that need to be taken down to support the foundation design.
- The first concrete foundation crew to continue with the shallow footing & wall construction in Areas B&C of the building.
- The second concrete foundation crew to continue with footing & wall construction of the retaining wall from the West to East end of the building footprint (Area B to C).
- Continue with back-fill operations within the building footprint on the West side of the building (Area B) working East (Area C). Back-fill materials are currently onsite and will be transported within the project fence line to the appropriate work areas. The use of vibratory compaction equipment will be used throughout this work activity.
- There are five concrete placements tentatively scheduled for this week; Monday 8/17/20, Tuesday 8/18/20, Wednesday 8/19/20, Thursday 8/20/20 and Friday 8/21/20.
- Steel erection will continue in Area A and progress towards Area B.
- The delivery schedule for steel is currently set-up for a delivery each day, Monday - Thursday over a 4-5 week period currently. Note this schedule is subject to change based on the erector's need for material onsite.
Please see below the revised street parking plan on Baldwin & Smith Road for the Week of 8/17/20:
- The structural steel roof joists are scheduled to be delivered to the project site on two seperate days the week of 8/17/20. Due to the size of the materials being delivered to the project there will be designated No Parking areas along both sides of Baldwin & Smith Roads. The project has created a site plan attached to this posting identifying the No Parking areas for the time periods noted below. Click the "Read More" button at the bottom of this posting to view the site plan.
- The No Parking periods shall be for the following:
- Tuesday 8/18 – 7AM-3:00PM
- Thursday 8/20 – 7AM-3:00PM
- No Parking signs will be posted along Baldwin & Smith Roads on Monday 8/17.
- The project has scheduled three (3) Police details to accompany the deliveries each day to assist with traffic management and lead the deliveries down Baldwin Road.
- This revised parking plan and material delivery has been communicated and coordinated with the Marblehead Police Department.