Please see below project update for the Marblehead Elementary School:
- The site contractor will continue with the construction of the landscaping retaining wall on the North elevation of the project site.
- The site contractor is scheduling the trucking companies to behing hauling unused materials offsite this week and next.
- The temporary heaters and equipment to provide heat in the building are scheduled to be delivered and set-up on Wednesday 12/16. The equipment will commence hook-up on Thursday 12/17, note this activity may get pushed to Friday 12/18 due to the weather forecast.
- Building waterproofing activities shall continue on the West, East & North elevations of Areas B & C on the building.
- The masonry contractor will continue working on the West, East & North elevations of Areas A & B of the building.
- The metal window contractor shall continue the installation of windows on the West & East elevation of Area A of the building.
- Rough-in of overhead mechanical, electrical, fire protection and plumbing shall continue on the interior second level of Areas A & B.
- Installation of mechanical piping insulation is scheduled to commence on the interior second level of Areas A & B.
- Interior metal framing shall continue on the interior second level of Areas A & B. Installation of insulation on the exterior walls shall continue this week on this level.
- The mechanical contractor will continue lay-out and installing pipe and duct hangers on the first floor of Area A.
- Rough-in of overhead mechanical duct and piping shall commence this week on the first floor of Area A.
- Interior metal framing & setting of door frames shall continue on the interior first level of Area A.
The weather forecast is predicting a snow event in this area for Thursday 12/17. The project is currently scheduling snow plowing and clean-up crews to support a clear and safe site for the trade workers when they arrive to the project on Thursday morning. To support this effort the snow plowing and clean-up activites will commence at 5AM in advance of the trade workers arrival for the day. This activity has been communicated to both the Marblehead Building Department and Police Department.