Please see below project update for the Elbridge Gerry Elementary School:
- Abatement and removal of the Upper Bell roof was completed the week of 3/23/20.
- Selective demolition of the Upper Bell exterior wall systems are in progress and will continue through the week of 4/6/20.
- Demolition and removal of the Upper Bell foundation systems are scheduled to commence the week of 4/6/20.
- Second & Third round of pre-blast inspection notices have been sent via certified mail the week of 3/30/20. Notices have been sent to property owners within the state required circumferance and all direct abutters to the project site.
- Pre-blast inspections commenced and were completed between 4/3-4/6/20 for the property owners that responded and scheduled accordingly with the inspection company.
- Ledge/Rock Profiling activity with the site enable and blasting contractor is scheduled to commence the week of 4/13/20.
- Line drilling of weathered rock areas and to support the "test" blast is to commence the week of 4/13/20.
- Project team is working towards scheduling the first "test" ledge blasting activity on or before 4/17/20. This "test" blast is to confirm adherence to the blast design plan created by the blasting contractor and subsequently reviewed by the Local Fire Deparment Officials.